Tuesday, June 16, 2009

First Post


This is the first post in the blog on the project. The main outline is that I plan on restoring a 1960 Jaguar Mark IX and installing an electric drivetrain in it. The general idea for now is to use a combination of electric, hydraulic, and diesel to create a car that weighs 6000 lbs, has a top speed of at least 75, goes 0-60 in under 20 seconds, and can have a range in all electric mode of at least 20 miles. I know that this is an ambitious project, but I think that it can be done. I am excited and willing to hear any and all ideas from anyone that knows anything about these cars. Please feel free to add comments, suggestions, ideas, considerations, thoughts, or concerns. I only ask that if you are going to comment on how something will not work, offer an alternative idea, a workaround or a solution. I want this to be a source of motivation for the project, and not discouragement. More details to come shortly on the project. Just as a reminder of what we are going for, this is a picture of what I would like the final car to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment